lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peru Redmi <perumyph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding Query Parser Behavior
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 05:38:47 GMT
Could someone elaborate this.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Peru Redmi <perumyphone@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Can you help me out on your "No" .
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:16 PM, wmartinusa@gmail.com <
> wmartinusa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> Sent from my LG G4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

,Document doc = new Document();doc.add(new Field("*Field*", "*http://www.google.com*", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED));      index has *two* terms - *http* & *www.google.com**2.* While
searching ,Analyzer anal = new *ClassicAnalyzer*(Version.LUCENE_30, newStringReader(""));QueryParser
parser=new *MultiFieldQueryParser*(Version.LUCENE_30, newString[]{"*Field*"},anal);Query query
= parser.parse("*http://www.google.com *");Now , query has *three *terms  -  (Field:http)
*(Field://)* (Field:www.google.com)i) Why I have got 3 terms while parsing , and 2 terms on
indexing (Usingsame ClassicAnalyzer in both cases ) ?ii) is this expected behavior of ClassicAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_30)
onParser ?iii) what should be done to avoid query part *(Field://) *?Thanks,Peru.