lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Multivalued DocValuesField
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:01:43 GMT
You need to use a SortedNumericDocValuesField, which allows for multiple numeric values to
be stored per-document.  I’m not sure if that’s in Lucene 5.0, though, you may need to
upgrade to something more recent.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

> On 31 Oct 2016, at 15:34, Fielder, Todd Patrick <tpfield@sandia.gov> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about Multivalued DocValuesFields...I am using Lucene 5.0
>
> I am indexing an object that contains an Array of Sub-objects. Those sub-objects have
a Long value that I need to index with fieldStore=true.  That works just fine.

> I also want to sort that field and so I am attempting to also index it as a NumericDocValues
field.  I am using the statement below to accomplish that
> doc.add(new NumericDocValuesField(field.toString(), time));
>
> However, since the field occurs multiple times, I am receiving the below error:
> DocValuesField "plannedCompletionDate" appears more than once in this document (only
one value is allowed per field)

> I have tried to set the value to multivalued on the FacetsConfig, but that doesn't work
(it works for multi-valued statements in facets, but not NumericDocValueFields)
> getConfig().setMultiValued("plannedCompletionDate", true); //getConfig() returns type
FacetsConfig()