lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fielder, Todd Patrick" <tpfi...@sandia.gov>
Subject Multivalued DocValuesField
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:34:31 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about Multivalued DocValuesFields...I am using Lucene 5.0

I am indexing an object that contains an Array of Sub-objects. Those sub-objects have a Long
value that I need to index with fieldStore=true.  That works just fine.

I also want to sort that field and so I am attempting to also index it as a NumericDocValues
field.  I am using the statement below to accomplish that
doc.add(new NumericDocValuesField(field.toString(), time));

However, since the field occurs multiple times, I am receiving the below error:
DocValuesField "plannedCompletionDate" appears more than once in this document (only one value
is allowed per field)

I have tried to set the value to multivalued on the FacetsConfig, but that doesn't work (it
works for multi-valued statements in facets, but not NumericDocValueFields)
getConfig().setMultiValued("plannedCompletionDate", true); //getConfig() returns type FacetsConfig()

Any ideas how to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance
-Todd