lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sergey Repnikov <repni...@megaputer.ru>
Subject Implementing own Analyser components.
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:55:17 GMT
Hello. My name is Sergeiy, I'm working on Lucene's functionality extension.

As I've read in JavaDoc for "org.apache.lucene.analysis" package, it's
preferably to ask this email before extending, because some features
could be done.

So I want to have opportunity to perform search by parts of speech and
within a sentence. Is there any way to get this functionality out of the
box? If it is, how?

If it's not, do I understand correct, that custom attributes are not
being saved to index while writing "tokenstrean" into Directory? And the
only way to save any metadata, associated with term is to use payload,
and then, while searching, ask for it?

As I've found in Google, payload is being saved not alongside with term,
but it(payload) is associated with term by position count. I haven't yet
understood, how does index save tokens and associated metadata, maybe
that speciality is crucial sometime. Maybe it's not. Maybe there is a
way to extend index/IndexWriter to save and then retrieve custom
attributes.

So can you tell me, based by your experience, what is the best way to do
what i want?

Thank you.