lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter, DirectoryTaxonomyWriter & SearcherTaxonomyManager synchronization
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 05:05:29 GMT
Hmm ... the commit part of the two indexes is always tricky. The javadocs
are correct because the order of indexing is as follows: when you index a
document with facets, the facets are first added to the taxonomy index and
only then the document is indexed in IW.

Therefore if you concurrently index and commit, then committing TIW first
ensures that all "known" facets up to this point are committed. Then when
you commit IW, the documents in there are guaranteed to have their facet
ordinals already in the committed TIW (which may at this point include more
facets than are indexed in IW, but that's OK).

When you then refresh the searchers, you can count on the refreshed IR to
have all its ordinals in the refreshed TIR (which again, may include more
ordinals, but that's OK).

Hope this helps!

Shai