lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: SortingMergePolicy moved to solr ?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 19:01:27 GMT
It's rather the opposite: index sorting has been made more "first
class" by being moved to Lucene's core out of Lucene's misc module.

Instead of setting SortingMergePolicy, which is weird, you now call
IndexWriterConfig.setIndexSort.

SortingMergePolicy was only moved to solr for back-compat requirements.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6766 has all the gory details.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com