lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kumaran Ramasubramanian <kums....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on LUCENE 4795 discussions ( Add FacetsCollector based on SortedSetDocValues )
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 04:20:25 GMT
Hi mike,

Thanks for the clarification. Any example about difference in using flat vs
hierarchical facets? Any demo or sample page?

In a previous thread yesterday ( Faceting: Taxonomy index Vs
SortedSetDocValues ), there is a point like

"tried to achieve multilevel (hierarchical) categorization using
SortedSetDocValues and got it simply by changing the query  and opening the
IndexReader for each level of query using SortedSetDocValuesReaderState. "

Is it possible easily?

-
Kumaran R

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4795?focusedCommentId=13599687

> > I ask because it seems that the only thing that we get from this
SortedSet