lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene's Multi Dimensional Space Search for Air traffic handling.
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:19:41 GMT
What a fun use case for dimensional points!  I just saw NASA announce this
data set recently: https://plus.google.com/+MichaelMcCandless/posts/
h8eUtkhizKG

And I was wondering how to play with it... 36 TB of airplane flight routes
:)

You can easily index your data (3 spatial dims + 1 time dim) using e.g.
DoublePoint but then the only way to query those points currently is the
PointRangeQuery (4D boxes); maybe you can use that to find the "interesting
area" traversals?

For "minimum distance between two air-planes", you might be able to start
with LatLonPoint.nearest (KNN search implementation) but generalize it a
bit to N dims not just the 2 (lat, lon) that it supports today?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com