lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: searchAfter behavior after reindexing
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:38:47 GMT
Hi,

SearchAfter always reexecutes the whole query regardless if the index changed or is a new
index. It just sorts out documents, which are not part of the topdocs based on the criteria
passed in as the last doc. It does this by comparing the docid and score before inserting
it into the priority queue.

If the index changed between 2 search requests, searchAfter() still works, but it may return
different documents.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler