lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Lucene Optimization
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:43:15 GMT
We currently use Lucene 2.9 and to keep the indexes running faster we optimize the indexes
during night. In our application the volume of new documents coming in is very high so most
of our indexes have to merge segments during the day too, when the document count reaches
certain number. This causes tremendous slowness on the machine the online searches suffer
too to the extent that we need to restart tomcat on those machines very frequently. Right
now we are in the process to upgrade to version 6.1.0. I have read that there is no need to
optimize in 6.1.0 but what about the segment merges, will those happen as before in 6.1.0
too? I would like to know the best way to tackle this issue, so please help me out.

------
Regards
-Siraj

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.