lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Caching lucene index
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:25:11 GMT
We do not have anything that is designed to address this use-case, except
maybe MemoryIndex if your use-case involves indexing a single document. I
don't really have suggestions except making sure that the number of indices
that you maintain at any point in time is bounded. Lucene indices typically
some overhead which is usually negligible once amortized across many
documents. But if your use-case is more about having tons of small indices,
then it might become an issue (I'm thinking about memory usage and file
handles in particular). You might also want to check whether Lucene is the
rigtht tool for your problem.