lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dv field is too large
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 21:42:46 GMT
Is this an "XY" problem? Meaning, why do you need DV fields larger than 32K?

You can't search it as text as it's not tokenized. Faceting and sorting by a 32K
field doesn't seem very useful. You may have a perfectly valid reason, but it's
not obvious what use-case you're serving from this thread so far....

Nobody has yet put forth a compelling use-case for such large fields, perhaps
this would be one.

Best,
Erick