lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Document retrieval, performance, and DocValues
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:59:41 GMT
You should do the MultiDocValues.getBinaryDocValues(indexReader, "pos_id")
once up front, not per hit.

You could operate per-segment instead by making a custom Collector.

Are you sorting by your pos_id field?  If so, the value is already
available in each FieldDoc and you don't need to separately look it up.

How many hits are you collecting for each search?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com