lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter and IndexReader in a shared environment
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:51:56 GMT
The API is pretty simple.

Create IndexWriter and leave it open forever, using it to index/delete
documents, and periodically calling IW.commit when you need durability.

Create a SearcherManager, passing it the IndexWriter, and use it per-search
to acquire/release the searcher.  Periodically (ideally from a separate
thread) call SM.maybeRefresh so the searcher sees the latest indexing
changes.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com