lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Desteny Child <myshar...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene cluster with NFS or synchronization tool such as rsync
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 18:09:07 GMT
I need to organize a cluster for my stateless application based on Lucene
5.2.1. Right now I'm looking for a solution in order to share Lucene index
via NFS or rsync between different Lucene nodes.

Is it a good idea to use NFS for this purpose and if so will it be possible
to read/write from different nodes to the same shared index ?

Also I read that rsync tool can be used for this purpose(in order to
synchronize index files across all nodes) but I can't find any success
story for using rsync + Lucene. Right now I have a lot of question, one of
them - is it safe to use rsync at anytime especially when IndexWriter is in
progress(not closed) and actively indexes documents.