lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andres de la Peña <adelap...@stratio.com>
Subject Filter strategy in Lucene 6.0
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:32:47 GMT
Hi all,

Suppose that we have a boolean query composed by two filtering queries,
where one of them is fast and the other is slow:

BooleanQuery.Builder builder = new BooleanQuery.Builder();
builder.add(fastQuery, FILTER);
builder.add(slowQuery, FILTER);
Query query = builder.build();

How is the intersection between the two sub-queries calculated? Is the
order in which they are added to the boolean query relevant? Is there
something we could do to take advantage of my knowledge about the expected
performance of the sub-queries?

Prior to Lucene 6.0 there was a FilteredQuery.FilterStrategy providing some
control about this. Is there something analogous in Lucene 6.0?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrés de la Peña

Vía de las dos Castillas, 33, Ática 4, 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 828 6473 // www.stratio.com // *@stratiobd
<https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*