lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Randy Tidd ...@tidd.cc>
Subject Query with modulo function in Lucene without Solr?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 14:29:37 GMT
I would like to use the mod() function in a query to for example fetch every 10th or 100th
matching document, or to return documents that return a certain result from the mod() function
for a numeric field.  I know this question has come up in the past and I have seen answers
that suggest using Solr’s function query parsing to implement it.  But I am using Lucene
6.1.0 without Solr and would like to implement this with just lucene-core and lucene-queries.
 Probably a quick answer but I can’t seem to find the class(es) in Lucene that implements
this, guessing FunctionQuery / ValueSource which is now in the lucene-queries module?  If
anyone could point me to a sample implementation that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Randy