lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Kotal <vladimir.ko...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: MmapDirectory and IndexReader reuse
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:34:23 GMT
On 07/18/16 05:52 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have a separate searcher manager for every directory. On every incoming search request,
fetch the actual DirectoryReaders from the searcher managers and build a MultiReader from
it. This costs nothing, as MultiReader is just a thin wrapper where no caching is involved.
On top of this MultiReader create an IndexSearcher (which is also cheap).

SearcherManeger's acquire() returns IndexSearcher. The trouble is that
we need to have the IndexSearcher constructed with certain
ExecutorService and there does not seem to be a way how to do that with
SearcherManager.

I wonder if SearcherManager can be extended to allow this. Otherwise we
would have to use ReferenceManager and reimplement the functionality
found in SearcherManager which I'd like to avoid.

v.