lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Kotal <vladimir.ko...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: MmapDirectory and IndexReader reuse
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:00:25 GMT
On 07/15/16 12:00 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You should keep the IndexReader open for the whole time! Otherwise there are more bottlenecks
and slowdowns.

> If you are updating the Index, you should use SearcherManager that reopens the index
reader accordingly. After updating the index you should also not completely close and reopen
the index. SearcherManager uses the DirectoryReader.reopen() method, which just updates the
"view" currently seen and involves minimal syscalls (none at all if nothing changes).

Is it somehow possible to use SearcherManager with MultiReader to search
multiple indexes ? We need to have the IndexSearcher to be constructed
from multiple IndexReaders and the executor with distinct thread pool.
Looking at the documentation there does not seem to be a way to do that
as the SearcherManager constructor works only on single directory.

v.