lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Hierarchical Facets need duplicated counts
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 12:42:20 GMT
Hello everyone,

we are using hierarchical facets (from
org.apache.lucene.facet.taxonomy), in our case 1 entry can have several
values referencing more leaves in the hierarchical facet.

At search time we are noticing that if we search for exactly 1 entry we
have count = 1 in the hierarchical facet root and navigating the
hierarchical tree there are more than 1 leaf with count = 1. We presume
this is due to a distinct count it's calculated in the collector.

Is it possible to have also the duplicated count? What we would like to
achieve is to understand how many leaves the search is reaching and
maybe have this "duplicated count" summed up in the parent nodes.

Do you have any hints on how to achieve it?

Regards,

Nicola

--

Nicola Buso <nbuso@ebi.ac.uk>