lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mukul Ranjan <mran...@egain.com>
Subject RE: LockFactory issue observed in lucene while getting instance of indexWriter
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:01:58 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.
I’m running it on windows. I have checked my code, I’m closing IndexWriter after adding
document to it.
We are not getting this issue always but it’s frequency is high in our application. Can
you please provide your suggestion?

Thanks,
Mukul

From: Michael McCandless [mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:22 PM
To: Lucene Users <java-user@lucene.apache.org>; Mukul Ranjan <mranjan@egain.com>
Subject: Re: LockFactory issue observed in lucene while getting instance of indexWriter

Are you running on Windows?

This is not a LockFactory issue ... it's likely caused because you closed IndexWriter, and
then opened a new one, before closing NRT readers you had opened from the first writer?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Mukul Ranjan <mranjan@egain.com<mailto:mranjan@egain.com>>