lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mukul Ranjan <mran...@egain.com>
Subject How to improve indexing performance for lucene 6
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:31:02 GMT
Hi,

I have 150k documents in lucene index folder. It  is taking 30-35 minute to rebuild the index.
We are fetching this data from sql server.
I have applied below  parameters while getting instance of indexWriter-

IndexWriterConfig indexWriterConfig = new IndexWriterConfig(getAnalyzer(callerContext, languageId));
TieredMergePolicy tieredMergePolicy = new TieredMergePolicy();
tieredMergePolicy.setMaxMergeAtOnce(10);
tieredMergePolicy.setSegmentsPerTier(84);
tieredMergePolicy.setMaxMergedSegmentMB(500);
indexWriterConfig.setRAMBufferSizeMB(200.0);
indexWriterConfig.setUseCompoundFile(false);

Can we further decrease the indexing time?  Can you provide the pinpoint areas where we can
focus to decrease the indexing time.

Thanks,
Mukul Ranjan
Visit eGain on YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/egainchannel> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/egain-corporation>