lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Subject clone RAMDirectory
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:59:35 GMT
Hi all,

For increasing the speed of some of my application tests, I want to
re-use/copy a pre-populated RAMDirectory over and over.

I'm on Lucene 6.0.1

It seems an RAMDirectory can be a copy of a FSDirectory, but not of another
RAMDirectory. Also RAMDirectory is not Clonable.

What would be the 'proper' approach to re-use (fast copy) pre-populated
indices over tests? I know I can create a FSDirectory and copy that, but
then I also need to take into account temporary files etc.

Thanks in advance,

- Rob