lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: "Point in polygon" search with Lucene / Spatial4j / JTS
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 14:28:18 GMT
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Randall Tidd <rc@tidd.cc> wrote:

With LatLonPoint.newPolygonQuery() it looks like I don’t need Spatial4j at
> all any more either.  This makes my case very simple, I only have to index
> LatLonPoint’s and then do a query search with
> LatLonPoint.newPolygonQuery().  I see that it still depends on JTS.

Correction: LatLonPoint most definitely does NOT depend on JTS.  It has no
external dependencies, was designed to have a very simple API, and builds
on Lucene 6.0's new dimensional points to enable fast "point in
polygon/distance/box" filters at search time.

There's also LatLonDocValuesField if you want to sort hits by distance.

If you need to do more advanced spatial stuff, like indexing shapes, then
you should look at the spatial-extras module with the JTS dependency.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com