lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abhinav Tiwari <abhinavtiwari.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Caching lucene index
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:18:25 GMT
Hi Team,

We have recently implemented a search feature in our web application using
Lucene where we perform dynamic indexing. We are looking for opportunities
of caching the index so that we do not have to perform dynamic indexing
again for the same query and query can be searched using the cached index
to save latency. To explain more in detail, we have implemented a search
where we index data dynamically for each request of search for a particular
Id. Once a request comes up, we fetch the details for the request and index
it. Now, we do not want to do the same thing for all the requests of the
same Id until a new request comes up for a new Id. That is why we are
looking for a way to cache index generated for each Id for  some time.
Could you please provide suggestions around how can we cache such index?

Thanks,
Abhinav