lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michal Krajňanský <michal.krajnan...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom TokenStream + custom Attributes
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 11:44:58 GMT
Dear Lucene users,

I have implemented a custom tokenizer (derived from TokenStream).

I need to pass additional attributes to those standard in Lucene
(PositionIncrementAttribute, OffsetAttribute), that would represent the
word position in the tokenized sentence in the number of words and not
characters, as one usually passes through OffsetAttribute. (I need both.)

Is there a way of achieving this?

I tried to implement own Attribute class (derive a new interface and
implementing class). The code compiles ok but I am getting exception at
runtime about the class casting.

Thank you a lot in advance,

MK