lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Caroline Collet <caroline.col...@pertimm.com>
Subject Lucene DirectSpellChecker strange behavior
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 09:30:57 GMT

Hello,

I have a very strange behavior when I use the DirectSpellChecker of Lucene. I have set the
prefixLength to 0. I have indexed only one item with one field : brand=samsung.
I have tried to make requests with spelling mistakes inside.

When I search for "smsng" I obtain "samsung" which is logical since I only have 2 corrections
to make to obtain "samsung"
When I search for "amsung" I obtain "samsung" since I have set the prefixLenght to 0
But when I search "amung" which only has 2 errors, I do not obtain "samsung", I obtain nothing.

I don't understand this behaviour, it is like no other correction is permitted if the first
letter is misspelled.

Did I miss some parameters of the spellchecker that could explain this behavior?

I precise that I use :
- Lucene 5.5.0
- JRE 1.8.0

Thank you in advance for taking time to answer my question,
Bests regards,

[PERTIMM] <http://www.pertimm.com/fr/>

Caroline Collet
Ingénieur développement