lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Caroline Collet <>
Subject Lucene DirectSpellChecker strange behavior
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 09:20:05 GMT

I have a very strange behavior when I use the DirectSpellChecker of 
Lucene. I have set the prefixLength to 0. I have indexed only one item 
with one field : brand=samsung.
I have tried to make requests with spelling mistakes inside.

When I search for "smsng" I obtain "samsung" which is logical since I 
only have 2 corrections to make to obtain "samsung"
When I search for "amsung" I obtain "samsung" since I have set the 
prefixLenght to 0
But when I search "amung" which only has 2 errors, I do not obtain 
"samsung", I obtain nothing.

I don't understand this behaviour, it is like no other correction is 
permitted if the first letter is misspelled.

Did I miss some parameters of the spellchecker that could explain this 

I precise that I use :
- Lucene 5.5.0
- JRE 1.8

Thank you in advance for taking time to answer my question,
Bests regards,

Caroline Collet
Ingénieur développement

Tel : +33 (0)1 80 04 82 89 <>


51, boulevard Voltaire
92600 Asnières-Sur-Seine, France

View raw message