lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Kaleske <Oliver.Kale...@ptvgroup.com>
Subject AW: Leftover write.lock file
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 13:03:57 GMT
Hi,

> Never mind, folks. Just found an answer:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/110708
> > I am new to lucene. I was following the example, IndexFiles, from the
> > lucene demo package. However, one thing I find surpring is that the
> > write.lock file is left over, even when the IndexWriter#close() method
> > is called. Below are details.

The documentation (codecs package summary), however, claims the following:
"When this file is present, a writer is currently modifying the index (adding or removing
documents)."
(see https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_0_1/core/org/apache/lucene/codecs/lucene60/package-summary.html
)
which, judging from the code and the above post, is wrong, and perhaps could be corrected...?
(Thanks in advance.)

Best regards,
Oliver

Dipl.-Phys. Oliver Kaleske
PTV GROUP
Logistics Geographic Components

Haid-und-Neu-Straße 15
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone +49 (0) 721 9651-8211
oliver.kaleske@ptvgroup.com
www.ptvgroup.com

PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG
Headquarters: Karlsruhe
Executive Board: Vincent Kobesen (CEO), Michel Zweers (CFO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. h.c. Frank-Jürgen Weise
Commercial Register (HRB-Nr): 109262
Local Court: Mannheim