lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Orpahned segments that cannot be force merged
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:18:44 GMT
Hi,

Hi they are not orphans, they are just used still by the index reader. The operating system
prevents them from being deleted as long as an index reader is open on them. Once you are
done with forceMerging, you have to reopen your index reader (e.g., using SearcherManager).
The files will disappear after a while.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Slav Boleslawski [mailto:slav-777@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 11:11 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Orpahned segments that cannot be force merged

Hi,

I can control the number of index segments when indexing using forceMerge(), but when searching
occurs during indexing, then some segments become orphans and cannot be force merged. Why?Could
someone please have a look if I'm doing anything wrong.

I attach the complete code for a test case to show the problem. The details are in the code
documentation.

Regards

Slav