lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Storing numeric fields in Apache 6
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:33:08 GMT
I'm not that familiar with MultiFields, but from a look at the code it seems to only return
fields that have postings data associated with them.  Point fields and DocValues fields are
stored in different index structures.  You should be able to get information about these by
using MultiFields.getMergedFieldInfos() instead.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 29 Apr 2016, at 08:57, j.Pardos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The suggested change worked in part: Luke now shows me the field contents, so it's correctly
stored, for sure. However, when I ask the IndexReader for the field listing (with MultiFields.getFields(IndexReader)
method) it doesn't return that field. I've noticed in luke that the field is not indexed.
Is that the reason? How could I fix it?

> Thanks.

the data to retrieve it afterwards.
>>> If I understand correctly, the recommended way to do this in Lucene 6 is with
the DoublePoint/LongPoint/XxxPoint field types. I have already implemented this, extending
QueryParser for the numeric range queries, but I can't find a way to store the data.

>>> For example, for double values, I'm doing:
>>> doc.add(new DoublePoint(name, Double.parseDouble(value)));
>>>
>>> DoublePoint doesn't have a "stored" argument in its constructor (as does, for
example, StringField), or a property to specify it afterwards.