lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kudrettin Güleryüz <kudret...@gmail.com>
Subject debugging IndexSearcher.search performance
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 16:16:06 GMT
Hi,

The code I am working on is spending long time in this function:
Searcher.java:221 org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(Query, int,
Sort) 94400ms 95%

Query fed to the function looks ugly at first and I first thought that it
could be the culprit:
+body:/.*foo/ +((+dir1:foo +dir2:bar) (+dir1:baz) (+dir1:bin) ...(the list
goes on for all top level directories indexed. For a total of ~60
directories))

However same query completes much faster in Luke. It shouldn't be because
of Sort either because it takes long time for no matches, too.

Any suggestions while I debug this issue?  Lucene 5 is what I am using
currently.

Thanks,
Kudret