lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From José Tomás Atria <jtat...@gmail.com>
Subject Single string automaton causes NPE on Terms.intersect( CompiledAutomaton, BytesRef term )
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 20:33:26 GMT
Hello again!

I'm playing around some more with Lucene's automata, and I've bumped into
something unexpected but can't figure out if its a bug or an error on my
part.

briefly: Is it possible to use a single string automaton (i.e. the result
of Automata.makeString( String ) )  to intersect a Terms instance? I keep
getting NPE's on every attempt at doing this... e.g. this code:

// where "term" is a term known to exist in someField
CompiledAutomaton ca = new CompiledAutomaton( Automata.makeString( "term" )
);
Terms terms = leafReader.terms( someField );
TermsEnum tEnum = terms.intersect( ca, null );

results in:
at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.blocktree.IntersectTermsEnum.<init>(IntersectTermsEnum.java:127)
at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.blocktree.FieldReader.intersect(FieldReader.java:185)

I assume I'm doing something wrong (I am aware that using an automaton for
a single term may be a bad idea, but bear with me), but the fact that it's
throwing an NPE prompted me to come and ask...

Maybe there's a problem with encodings?

Any help greatly appreciated.
jta.

--
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem