lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From José Tomás Atria <jtat...@gmail.com>
Subject Persistence/Serialization of Automaton
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 23:09:21 GMT
Hello!

Is it possible to serialize Lucene's Automata? I see that the javadoc for
the original BRICS package indicates that instances of Automaton implement
Serialzable, but this is not the case with the Automaton class in Lucene 5+.

I assume it is possible, considering that a FSA is basically just a set of
states and transitions, but how would I go about (1) extracting that data
from an instance of automaton and (2) recreating the original automaton
given a set of transitions and states as it would be possible to obtain
them from a live instance?

Alternatively, maybe there is some other place where this is implemented?
How can I persist lucene's automata?

thanks,
jta

--
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem