lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bauer, Herbert S. (Scott)" <Bauer.Sc...@mayo.edu>
Subject Managing Searchers and Readers vs Creating new ones
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:59:25 GMT
I’ve been trying to research best practices in this area and am finding some conflicting
recommendations.  In our use case we have multiple indexes and need to combine the use of
single and multi readers to target content as the user selects one search area or areas over
others.  We’ve tried SearcherManagers and warming strategies in an effort to reuse Searchers
and avoid rebuilding readers over potentially large numbers of indexes, some of which can
be fairly large.   But these have had mixed results and have introduced some errors.   Can
someone comment on current best practice and what might work well for our use case?  Thanks,
Scott