lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From andi rexha <a_re...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is the merge executed asynchronously?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:59:10 GMT
Hi!
I have a library which keeps cached information about the current segments of an index.

I assume that after each (indexing=>commit) sequence, I have the information of the segments
which represent the current status of the segments ("merged" ones as well). Checking the system,
seems like there are some files which are still opened but deleted. Is the Merger working
asynchronously? Which is the best way to know when the merging is finished?

Thank you in advance