lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Facets performance problems (version 4.7.2)
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:47:47 GMT
Hi Simona,

In addition to Ericks' questions:

Are you talking about *search* time or facet-collection time? And how many
results are in your result set?

I have some experience with collecting facets from large results set, these
are typically slow (as they have to retrieve all the relevant facet fields
for the facetted doccument). In Lucene 4.8 the RandomSamplingFacetsCollector
returned (as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5476).

-Rob