lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <koji.sekigu...@rondhuit.com>
Subject Re: Grouping Lucene result
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:42:23 GMT
Hi Taher,

Solr has the function of result grouping.

I think it has two steps. First, it tries to find how many groups are there in the result
and choose top groups (say 10 groups) using a priority queue. Second, provide 10 priority
queues for each groups and search again to collect second or after documents that belong
to each group.

It is called as "two pass collapsing algorithm". There is good description written by Yonik
at SOLR-1773.

(see Description)

Koji