lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Manner RĂ³bert <rma...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:43:55 GMT
Hi,

we have used lucene 4.7.0 before, we are on the way to upgrade to 5.4.0.

The problem I have is that writer.addIndexes now needs CodecReader and does
not accept a basic LeafReader what we have.

Is there any efficient way to work around that? How would you do it? Query
the documents and addDocument one by one? Or can I somehow wrap my
LeafReader in a CodecReader? What is the reason to require CodecReader and
what is that for? Its documentation seems to be missing, and I could not
find anything on the net either.

Thanks for any pointers in advance,

Robi