lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Juarez <mjua...@gmail.com>
Subject Any updates on the G1 collector and Lucene recently?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 17:22:26 GMT
I've mostly used CMS for in all production VMs in the past, both Lucene and
not, and it has worked great.  However, now I'm faced with the possibility
of having to use G1, and it scares me a bit.

What's the latest on using the G1 collector with Lucene, especially since
it'll be the default collector in JDK9 according to JEP248?  I know Uwe
Schindler, Dawid Weiss and Robert Muir have talked/dealt with it in the
past, so if possible, I'd like to hear their latest thoughts on the topic.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/RE-JEP-248-Make-G1-the-Default-Garbage-Collector-td4203235.html

Thanks,

Marcos Juarez