lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pee Jay <juyal...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: WildcardQuery
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 19:06:52 GMT
Hello,

We have recently upgraded from Lucene 3.6 to Lucene 4.7.2, and are facing
issues when we are having "*java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit
exceeded*" while creating the object of WildCardQuery:

*Code:*
Query query = new WildcardQuery(new Term("id", "someTerm"));

*StackTrace: *java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded at
org.apache.lucene.util.automaton.Automaton.clone(Automaton.java:646) at
org.apache.lucene.util.automaton.SpecialOperations.getCommonSuffixBytesRef(SpecialOperations.java:163)
at
org.apache.lucene.util.automaton.CompiledAutomaton.(CompiledAutomaton.java:168)
at
org.apache.lucene.util.automaton.CompiledAutomaton.(CompiledAutomaton.java:91)
at org.apache.lucene.search.AutomatonQuery.(AutomatonQuery.java:67) at
org.apache.lucene.search.WildcardQuery.(WildcardQuery.java:57)

** Since the search terms are entered by the end user, we are not sure of
what term caused it.

Thanks,
P.