lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From marco turchi <marco.tur...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching in an updated index
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:19:32 GMT
Dear All,
I'm not an expert in Lucene, and I need to add to the index a sequence of
documents. For each document, I need to check if it is already present in
the index. If the answer is yes, then I need to update some information in
the doc in the index, if not I need to add it. This process is iterated
over all the documents, so this means that I need to query the index after
I have modified it.

I have read the FaQ "Does Lucene allow searching and indexing
simultaneously?"
but it points me to the use of the IndexReader.isCurrent() which is not
available in Lucene 5.4.1 (if I'm not wrong)

Then I have had a look at the Lucene's near-real-time search, an old post
by Michael McCandless, but some of the commands (e.g. IndexWriter.reopen())
mentioned in the post are not available in Lucene 5.4.1.

So, do you have any advice on how I can implement an efficient method that
allow me to update the index and search in the last updated version?
Working on a stream of document, efficiency is important.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Marco