lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Replacement for Filter-as-abstract-class in Lucene 5.4?
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:27:30 GMT
I had the same problem while migrating old code. Filter is very convenient to use, so why is
it deprecated? I agree we should convert all internal filters to use this, but people from
the outside, that just quickly want to create a Filter based on simple stuff like bitsets,
should get an easy api without multi-pass stuff or the need to implement a full scorer returning
0 as score.

So I tend to rename the current filter class as BaseNonScoringQuery. In 5.x keep Filter deprecated
(maybe simply as empty abstract subclass of this one).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen