lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject propagate Query.rewrite call to super.rewrite after 5.4 upgrade
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 12:23:42 GMT
Hi,

Apologies for the cross post. We have a class overridding SpanPositionRangeQuery. It is similar
to a SpanFirst query but it is capable of adjusting the boost value with regard to distance.
With the 5.4 upgrade the unit tests suddenly threw the following exception:

Query class org.GrSpanFirstQuery does not propagate Query.rewrite call to super.rewrite
        at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([CA3D7CF96D5E8E7:88BE883E6CA09E3F]:0)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:22)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.QueryUtils.check(QueryUtils.java:73)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.AssertingIndexSearcher.rewrite(AssertingIndexSearcher.java:83)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:886)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.AssertingIndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(AssertingIndexSearcher.java:58)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:535)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:744)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.searchAfter(IndexSearcher.java:460)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:489)

I tracked it down to LUCENE-6590 - Explore different ways to apply boosts, but the solution
did not really pop in my head right away. Implementing rewrite does not seem to change anything.
Everything fails in the unit test at the point i want to retrieve docs and assert their positions
in the result set: ScoreDoc[] docs = searcher.search(spanfirstquery, 10).scoreDocs;

I am probably missing something but any ideas to share?

Many thanks!
Markus