lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian V Zayas <bza...@jonesday.com>
Subject Syntax question
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:46:08 GMT
Hello-

I'm trying to configure a search that captures a term but excludes search
results that contain that same term if the term only appears in proximity
to certain other terms.  See the below example.  I want to get search
results for emails that contain the word "privilege".  But I don't want to
get hits if privilege only appears within a certain proximity of a
specified phrase (such as within the sample confidentiality footer text
below).  Stated differently, a document should be captured in search
results if it contains the word privilege, independent and regardless of
whether it appears in the email confidentiality footer--but not if it only
appears in the footer.

Here is how it would look in dtSearch.  I'm just wondering how to
accomplish the same thing with Lucene.

Footer text:
“… protected by attorney-client or other privilege.  If you received this
e-mail in error….”

Search:
((privilege) not w/4 (“received this e-mail in error”))

Thanks in advance!

Brian V. Zayas
Litigation Support Project Manager
JONES DAY® - One Firm Worldwide℠
1755 Embarcadero Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Office +1.650.739.3973 (Silicon Valley)
Office +1.415.875.5718 (San Francisco)

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is
private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege.
 If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records
can be corrected.