lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Highlighting deprecation?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 13:42:10 GMT
Y, to add to Scott's advice, make sure to use the NullFragmenter and make sure to setExpandMultiTermQuery
to true on your scorer

        QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query, field);
        scorer.setExpandMultiTermQuery(true);

 If you need to highlight entire phrases, see Koji Sekiguchi's recent recommendation for the
FastVectorHighlighter [0]...although iirc, that might not handle...this info may be out of
date though.

Finally, if you want to go it alone and get into the weeds, consider using [1] with [2].

Cheers,

          Tim

[0] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201512.mbox/%3C565E816D.9070306%40rondhuit.com%3E

[1] https://github.com/tballison/lucene-addons/blob/master/lucene-5317/src/main/java/org/apache/lucene/search/spans/SimpleSpanQueryConverter.java