lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:33:21 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently investigating an issue we have with our index. It keeps
getting bigger, and I don't het why.

Here is our use case:

We index a database of about 4 million records; spread over a few hundred
tables. The data consists of a mix of text, dates, numbers etc. We also add
all these fields as facets.
Each night we delete about 90% of the data, which in testing reduces the
index size significantly.
We store the data as StoredFields as well, to prevent having to access the
database at all.
We use FloatAssociatedFacet fields for the facets.

In production however, it seems the index is only growing, up to 71 GB for
these records for a month of running.

It seems that lucene's index in just getting bigger there.

We use lucene 5.3 on CentOS, java 8 64 bit.

The taxonomy-index does not grow significantly.

How should I go about checking what is wrong?

Thanks!