lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index size growing while deleting
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2015 14:08:42 GMT
On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

It's also important to IndexWriter.commit (as well as open new NRT
> readers) periodically or after doing a large set of updates, as that
> lets Lucene remove any old segments referenced by the prior commit
> point.

When re-reading your comment I notices I skipped over the part in the
brackets and I have an addition question:

Why is it needed to open new NRT Readers? (btw I use the openIfChanged()
approach when maybeRefreshing())

Thanks!