lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Turnbull <dturnb...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Changing the lucene scoring function
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:48:53 GMT
Hi Victor

You want to look at setting a similarity other than TF IDF. For example
here's BM25 Similarity

https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/BM25Similarity.html

And the "setSimilarity" method on IndexSearcher

https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html#setSimilarity(org.apache.lucene.search.similarities.Similarity)

You can take things further with custom queries/scorers as I blog here

http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2014/01/20/build-your-own-custom-lucene-query-and-scorer/

Cheers
Doug

--
*Doug Turnbull **| *Search Relevance Consultant | OpenSource Connections
<http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
of whether attachments are marked as such.