lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Emanuel San Martin <sanm...@gmail.com>
Subject Few questions about updateDocValues methods
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 14:07:02 GMT
Hi,

I have few questions related to updateDocValues methods and usages, it
would be great if I can be helped

1) Is it possible to update a stored numeric field? I saw from the java-doc
that updateNumericDocValue is to update NumericDocValues. The fields
NumericDocValuesField aren't stored, if I want to store that field, I need
to use a extra StoredField. However, the updateDocValues(Term term,
Field... updates) method only checks that the type of the field to be
updated is Numeric, So i thought that if I define a field like this:

FieldType type = new FieldType();
type.setStored(field.isStored());
type.setNumericType(FieldType.NumericType.LONG);
type.setDocValuesType(DocValuesType.NUMERIC);
type.freeze();
new LongField(field.getName(), longValue, type));

maybe it could work, but the field stored is not updated.

2) Is it possible to update a sorted field?

3) Is it possible to updated a double field? Double fields can be
represented as NumericDocValuesField, but in the updateDocValues method the
new values are represented as long so I could lose precision parsing a
double to long.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for my limited English.